New to Small Arms Virtual Training?
There may be several reasons why your department isn’t using virtual training. We’d like to address a few concerns that may be keeping you from realizing the benefits. If you’d like more detailed information, please give us a call. We’d be happy to discuss.
Simulation training is no substitute for live-fire training.
Correct. Simulation training is not meant to replace live-fire training; however there are a number of benefits to augmenting your training regimen with firearm simulation. A study conducted by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in 2010 concluded that qualification scores of students trained with firearm simulation and a non-recoil training weapon were statistically similar to students trained with traditional live-fire. In addition, FLETC instructors noted several benefits to firearm simulation:
- Trainees did not need to wear hearing protection. This allowed instructors to carry on normal conversations while instructing students in proper stance, grip, sight alignment, and trigger control.
- A reduction in ammunition usage and accompanying cost savings associated with range maintenance, and freeing up valuable range time.
- Since firearm simulation can be used in a small room, those without an indoor range can still train no matter what the weather conditions might be outside.
- Firearm simulation training provides a safer environment than live-fire.
Our department can’t afford virtual training.
With typical system prices ranging between $50,000 and $200,000, it is understandable that cost is the largest deterrent to wide adoption of firearm simulators. Virtual training does offer a number of cost savings, but if the system is not affordable in the first place, it is unlikely that these savings will justify the cost. DART was designed to break the pricing barrier with a cost of just a few thousand dollars – while still offering the same saving opportunities and advantages as more expensive systems such as;
- Improved marksmanship and gun handling
- Immediate feedback
- Increased trigger time without added ammunition costs or range fees
- Trainers can observe and help improve shooters’ skills during training
- Weapons maintenance costs greatly reduced
- Training can be conducted anywhere, any time
Throughput is limited with virtual training systems.
This is a frequent concern from those responsible for larger departments. With a department of 1,000 officers, you would need to keep a simulator running all day, every day – and then each officer would receive about two hours of simulation training per year. But since DART costs a small fraction of other simulators, you could purchase ten DART simulators for less than the price of one of theirs. Not only does this dramatically increase throughput by a factor of ten, it allows you to place simulators where they are needed. This means travel time is converted to training time.
DART will begin shipping in July 2017. If you would like to pre-order DART or simply have a question or request, please contact us.
Phone : 407.833.0600
9am - 5pm EST Mon through Fri
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
“This is a must have product!”